Sunday, July 22, 2007

Number Five

Book #5 in the series

Printout of the first draft of Book #5. One more to go, and then I think I'm done with the series. This book's length is about the same as Covenant's and has topped off at 85,792 words. I'd finished the initial drafting on July 18, then did a few tweaks on July 20.

I have a couple of projects to do before I continue with #6, several pieces of which are already drafted, including the final scene. I'm currently focusing on putting together the annual Florida State Poets Association anthology, whose deadline for submission is the end of the month. This is my fifth year of producing and my third year of editing the anthology.

I also want to prepare a submission for the Science Fiction Poetry Association's second annual poetry contest, which is open to submissions through August 24. This year's focus is the sonnet -- on a speculative topic of your choice (e.g., science fiction, fantasy, horror, science, astronomy, or surrealism, etc.). Sonnets include those in the Italian/Petrarchan, Shakespearean, and Spenserian forms. There is no fee to enter, and one can submit up to three sonnets. More information on the contest is here.

[end of entry]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home